My husband is all about lists. Top 10 lists. Top five lists. Greatest of all time lists. Give him a list -- he'll fill it out. And then he'll ask you to fill it out.
I am not so much about lists. It's not that I hate them or anything. It's just hard for me to narrow things down to the absolute number one best movie or song or experience of ALL TIME.
Let's try out some lists here every now and then.
Here's my list for today, timely thanks to a World-Herald feature of late. They are calling it Music to My Ears. I am going to call it Best Music List Ever.
1. "Mr. Jones" - Counting Crows
2. "Unchained Melody" -- Righteous Brothers
3. Current because it's just too stressful to narrow the rest down: "New Slang" by The Shins
1. "August and Everything After" -- Counting Crows
2. "MTV Unplugged" -- Alanis Morrisette
3. "White Ladder" -- David Gray
Favorite artist, group, band
1. Clay Aiken
2. Counting Crows
3. Maybe Jack Johnson?
Top three concerts
1. Tie: Clay in Appleton, Wisc., summer of 2004, and Clay in Denver, also summer of 2004.
2. Radiohead at Red Rocks, Colo., summer of 2003.
3. I can't pick (see, I'm not very good at lists): James Taylor, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi. They were all good.
1. Well, Clay.
2. New Kids on the Block
OK, obviously rounding out the lists with the third choice stresses me out! Your turn.