Sunday, May 11, 2008

Can't it be Mother's Day every month?

I mean seriously. This day, just for us, really is great.

I slept in a bit, while Dane got up with Rye (who was in our bed ...again). I listened sleepily as Dane helped Rye make me a card.

And I was happy to hear Rye's footsteps running toward my room about 10 minutes later. He was SO proud of the card he made. It was the best present ever.

Then we went to breakfast with my mom and sister, and despite an hour-long wait in a really crowded place, it was really nice. The food was delicious (Sara, I got the English muffin-brown sugar- apples entree you ordered last time. Yummy).

And then we came home and I organized my closet. I love the feeling after I'm done doing this. I hauled a pile out to my car to give away.

Then I went shopping (during Rye's nap. I do have my priorities in order). And I found my new favorite store.

New York and Company.

Where has it been all my life? Seriously, I've been disappointed with the Gap for the last couple years. The Mother's Day gods were smiling upon me today, though, by urging me into NY&Co. Thank you.

And now it's now. Rye is still sleeping. And that means I am sitting here, doing this, drinking a Diet Coke and eating rice.

Nice.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone (especially you, Mother).

And here's my card. Rainbows drawn all by Rye.



And here's the inside.

5 comments:

Jeannine said...

Doesn't get much better than that! Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

The cards is precious, simply precious.

And Karin recommends Ann Taylor Loft. It's bit higher price point, but she said the styles will very much align with NY & Co. which she loves. She also said make sure NY & Co. have your address because that's how you get the coupons!

Jenny said...

Ooohhh, I love NY & Co.! Not only do they have great clothes, but they actually fit normal people! Glad you had a chance to visit them!

It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day. I'm glad. You deserve it!

Thanks again for Saturday, that was really fun!

Jonathan said...

Nice post, Veronica! I haven't been to NY & Co., but I do remember hearing about it (and seeing the stores) when I lived in New York and New Jersey.

Kudos to Dane for his efforts (he even got a "+daddy" shout-out!) acting to supplement Rye's fine work.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Mother's Day. Wish I could have gone to eat with you guys.

I also love New York & Co., especially when they have good sales. I discovered the store a couple years ago and was excited to find somewhere that had great clothes I could wear to work.