Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tag, I'm it (I guess)

So I might just make it in blog-world after all.

I learned last week that I've been accepted to the BlogHer ads network. This, to me, is a big deal. Not only might I make a small (very small probably) amount of money when people click on the tasteful ads soon to appear on my site, but I'll be part of a network, which means more people will hopefully find my blog. I'm just waiting now for BlogHer ads to send me the code I need.

And today I was tagged by the author of a blog I like called The Mama Chronicles to "play" in what bloggers call a "meme." Basically, I'm supposed to list seven things about myself. I will do my best to not duplicate my first Thursday Thirteen post a month or so ago. Then I "tag" seven others. I'm not sure I can even come up with seven people I know who have a blog!

So. Seven things:

1. In my lifetime, I've moved 15 times. And my dad was not in the military. Rather, academia.
2. In my lifetime, I have had 10 pets, not counting birds or fish. Nine of them were felines.
3. I am almost exactly 20 years older than my brother. I am almost exactly 20 years younger than our mom.
4. In the last two years, I've been to many concerts including The Wiggles (twice), Bon Jovi (yes, twice, as well), Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay, The Killers (twice), U2, Matchbox 20, Clay Aiken (TWICE), Disney Playhouse Live, Sesame Street Live, Dave Matthews Band and James Taylor. All except Disney Live and DMB were good, but tops were Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Clay and (yes) The Wiggles.
5. My dream job would be to write for Running Times, which is perfectly located in Boulder. I would also do PR for USA Track and Field in about a heartbeat. USA teams headquarter just south of Boulder in Colorado Springs.
6. My favorite movie of all-time is "Back to the Future."
7. At my high school graduation, I was named "Best All Around Girl." This was an honor I really, really wanted. I remember a friend telling me after the ceremony that the popular girl sitting next to him let her dissatisfaction with my selection be known when my name was called. I always thought she was one of the nicer popular girls, too.


Anyway, there you go! Interesting or not, I've participated in my first meme (For the record, Jenny did invite me to do one a few weeks ago, and I just never did it. Sorry - and thanks -- Jenny).


I'm supposed to list the rules. So here:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. 2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


And these bloggers are now "it."

1. Jenny at Bits and Pieces
2. Bryan
3. Wendy
4. Morgetron at Tres Bizarre

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I think your #3 is really cool. What a special family!

Thank you for the tag! I would happily participate, but it is the same one I did just a couple weeks ago.

Looking forward to seeing you. And, again, congrats on BlogHer!

bryan said...

Ohhhh ... boy. I'll get to it sometime in the next day or so. Hopefully I can cook up something interesting.

Unknown said...

I had no idea we had the same favorite movie. I watch it every time I'm sick... and sometimes I even make myself appear a little more sick than I am, just so I can watch it. (Don't tell Karin).

Also, you mentioned it was your favorite movie, but failed to mention why... might it be that they to travel on 10/27... for Gena it's even 10/27/85... her exact birthday.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Veronica! And for you to post a comment to such a delightful posting about my weekend :-) Jeez...

Thanks for letting me know about your blog! I'm always looking for new blogs to follow. Consider yourself bookmarked!

-W.

MegandMag said...

Fun to read your facts. Thanks for playing along. I liked that you said what your favorite job would be. :)