1. I would eat ice cream every day if I could. Plain, simple vanilla.
2. Having a baby didn't make me feel like a grown-up. But declawing my cats and buying a new couch did.
3. I was a lifeguard for six years and really, really liked it. Once, I "adopted' a 9-year-old who walked to the pool every day barefoot and told stories about how they didn't have spoons at home and so had to eat cereal with forks.
4. Driving past the newspaper building where I had my first "real world" job a week after I quit, I flipped it off. The building. I hated the job that much.
5. I care really a lot about things. OK, the word for this, really, is "obsessive." I just can't help it. But I still maintain: It's better to be passionate than uninterested.
6. Like my friend Jenny says about herself, I'm fiercely loyal. I'm a great listener, a good friend and a trusted secret keeper.
7. I'm not very good at doing nothing. I like to feel productive.
8. I'm restless. This might be why we move at least every 2.5 years. In general, I don't like to do the same thing over and over. I need new running routes, new responsibilities, new things to look forward to.
9. Like Horton, I mean what I say, and I say what I mean (sometimes, when I shouldn't). I'm fallibly honest.
10. If I could start college over again, I would do things differently. I'd live in the honors dorm. I'd study to be a veterinarian. I'd make more friends.
11. Someday, I want to write a novel.
12. Much of me is afraid of underachieving. Much of me is afraid of not having enough fun. They're not very compatible.
13. Being a mom teaches me more than I ever expected. It's my favorite thing of all, having him.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants