Saturday, February 23, 2008

A nothing-to-do Saturday

After a long week of sickness, slogging through work and overall just fighting through it all, today is extra nice.

It's a Saturday with nothing to do.

Sure, we need to go to the store. We're out of things like half and half, contact solution and wet cat food. But none of that is particularly urgent.

My voice is still shaky, though maybe a bit louder than yesterday. And I think Dane isn't feeling the best, though he is still asleep.

The sun is out, though, and I have hope that it won't be so bitterly cold today. I may even try to run outside.

I'd like to read my book, too. Maybe today will be one of those days where we make time for ourselves.

Right now, Rye is happily playing with the toy castle he got for Christmas. He has just locked the king up inside.

I love watching him play on his own. "He can hold a sword," he just said, as he pushed a plastic sword into a soldier's hand. And joy just now as he found the king's coat, which had been disastrously lost for about two minutes.

We've eaten breakfast and now we're just here.

The coffee tastes a little better this morning.

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

That's good to hear Veronica. I agree that today is a nice day (we got a decent amount of snow here in NH yesterday and right now it's sunny and "warm") and I look forward to it. I do have some "must-do"s as well (i.e. finishing up 1 task for a project for work, etc.); however, once I hit the afternoon I can read a fiction book I've gotten hooked on, read a computer book I've gotten interested in for my own enjoyment (with a side benefit that knowing it will help out at work), play with the pet birds, or whatever comes along...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and that things are looking a little brighter there in NE; I think that this will be a very nice weekend indeed.

Jeannine said...

Okay , I just wrote a long comment and forgot to sign in and sure enough it's gone. I'll write it again later right now I am going to take a nap.

Veronica said...

A nap? Oh, I'm envious.

Don't you hate it when you write a long e-mail (or blog comment) and for whatever reason it doesn't send or save? I hate that.

But don't worry too much -- I'll see you in five days!

And Jonathan, I hope you had a great day! I didn't get to read my book today, but I did run outside.