Thursday, June 30, 2011

Babies



My goodness, they are tiny.

You forget. Right? Isn’t it crazy how we forget?

My boss, aka mom2lulu, had her third baby girl last week and she brought the new one into work the other day.

She even said to me, “You’re not much of a baby person, right?”

I wasn’t sure how to answer that, if I was or wasn’t. I like babies very much when they’re not crying non-stop for seemingly no reason. Yes, at every other time, I like them lots. When they’re crying those tiny cries, well, yes, I’d prefer an 18-month-old.

At any rate, I liked her baby a lot. She was so delicate, just a small bundle of coziness. Her skin was perfect, her brown hair was fluffy, she opened her baby eyes and just looked around the room - at the lights on the ceiling and all the strange faces peering at her.

I held her briefly – until she started to cry. And then Mom took her and all was well in her tiny world again.

It made me want one.

Which is out of the question for all sorts of reasons.

But still, my goodness, babies are sweet.

Do you ever get baby fever when you see a newborn?

This post originally appeared on momaha.com, the World-Herald's website for moms. (It's Veronica's full-time job.)

3 comments:

The Austin Life said...

Always! But, then I remember, my husband likes our 3 just fine!

Unknown said...

We are REPADS/CPSDA a non-profit Organisation so we would love to have you like Supporter or Volunteer we well know how famous you are please visit our blog to share your ideas with us

Our best regards
REPADS/CPSDA

Dolarandgold said...


Thank you for this effort


مصراوى توب

بوستات فيس بوك

وظائف خاليه

رياضة كرة القدم

وصفات طبخ