Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rye's 6th birthday party

We had Rye's birthday party at the activities center at Mahoney State Park yesterday.

He had a GREAT time (read: sweaty mess of boyness after running and climbing and playing in those tunnels). I felt so blessed that he had so many friends there to help him celebrate. Truly, we are lucky.

Thank you to everyone who came and spent the afternoon with us.

Here's the birthday boy:


Here are some of the girls going through the tunnels:

Here's the G.I. Joe cake I made. Turned out OK!

And here's the party room before everyone got there:


I said to Rye afterward, "Wouldn't it be fun if we could have birthday parties every month?"

He said, "Yeah, but then I'd get old really fast."

So much wisdom from my nearly 6-year-old!

1 comment:

The Austin Life said...

Happy Birthday Rye! What a great place to have a birthday party, too!