Sunday, November 7, 2010

Beer and Bagel 2010

I ran the 2010 Beer and Bagel Run this morning. It was awesome!

I did not have any beer afterward, but many of the nearly 1,500 runners who finished the race did. What can I say? I didn't feel like drinking at 9:30 on a Sunday morning. Honestly, though, I almost went to get a glass, just to mark this particular running milestone off my list. If I wasn't going home to take care of a toddler and a 5-year-old maybe I would have.

At any rate, the race was at Quarry Oaks Golf Course near Ashland, Neb., a four-mile run on a perfect November day. I was so cold at the start that I was shivering, but I quickly warmed up, and my legs felt good.

Much of the course was on a trail through the woods, some of it was on the golf course itself. There were many hills. I quickly remembered that this girl hates uphills, loves downhills. Why doesn't everyone just fly down the hills? That's how I make up time after my abysmally slow climbs up. Or that's what I tell myself.

I finished 377th out of the nearly 1500 runners. Not too bad. My time was 35:40, also not too bad for a true cross country course and my first race since January.

I'm glad I did it. Though my legs might tell me otherwise tomorrow.

And, boy, could I use a nap right about now!

(Wish I had a picture, but, alas, still no camera).

1 comment:

The Austin Life said...

Oh...that sounds like fun! Well...the running part anyway! What to get back out there...