Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ah, they are 3 and 4 ... KISSING?! At preschool?



Just when did preschool turn into "Melrose Place"?

Seriously.

Rye, who will turn 5 in May, goes to preschool three mornings a week. Also in his class are two friends from daycare.

They have known each other most of their lives.

Last week, though, all heck broke loose. Rye has a girl kissing him. At preschool. ALL OVER. Or so I hear.

One of his daycare friends can't marry a girl at daycare because last week it was decided he would marry a girl at preschool instead.

This boy also isn't allowed in the club started by two other boys at preschool. A clique? Already?

And Rye and his other friend from daycare officially last week broke off their friendship.

What is going on? Seriously! I remember a girl in my preschool class taking a bite out of my thumb once, but I was not engaged to be married, nor was I kissing on a hot 4-year-old!

One of the other moms last week said, "Are you as intrigued as I am about the social goings-on at preschool? Each day I can't wait to hear the latest. It's so funny, but I have to act serious, you know, because to (my son), this stuff is really serious."

I only hope it all stays in check. They've got so many years ahead of them where things will seem serious!

Rye, for his part, has announced he's going to marry the most beautiful girl in the world: His baby sister.

This post originally appeared on momaha.com. Click here to read more from me and other mom bloggers.

1 comment:

Jeannine said...

Isa is also engaged. She is very serious about it too. She even wore one of her dress up rings to school yesterday so everyone would know she loves Grant. Grant did not give her the ring but still.:) I happened to have been the same way even though I did not go to preschool I still had my first kiss at the same age, a boy from church. Funny I married a boy from church.