Monday, January 5, 2009

It's a ...




GIRL!

Hallelujah.

I had the 20-week ultrasound today -- "the biggie" as the nurses at my doctor's office call it. Rye came along, too, and the ultrasound tech almost right away asked him what he thought the baby would be.

"A brother," Rye said.

Two seconds later, the tech (who might be the nicest person I've ever met), said, "What if it's a sister?"

Me: "Seriously?"

She checked again. Yep.

I have felt like it was a girl growing inside there. I really did. But I was trying not to get my hopes up.

Now, my hopes can stay up.

I already have a perfect little boy. Now, I can do the girl things I always thought I'd someday do as a parent of a little girl, too: nail painting, hair-do-ing, shopping, etc.

I'm lucky.

Now, just five more months of baby-growing to endure...

7 comments:

Jeannine said...

She is already so beautiful! I love that she is sucking her thumb. I think there is almost nothing as sweet as a little baby sucking on their thumb. I never has one so i can just enjoy watching your little one. I am so happy for you all!

Sarah Baker said...

Congratulations, Veronica! I couldn't be happier for you. Sisters, as we both can attest, are lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Chris said...

Congratulations! :) I have to admit though, I was envisioning the post to read "It's a... Chewbacca!" Kidding. Bryan planted that in my head.

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you. Yay. Yay. Yay!

Ashley said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! OMG IM GONNA HAVE A LITTLE NEICE!!!! =] CONGRATS!! :) IM SO EXCITED TO SEE HER!!

Anonymous said...

shes so beautiful already!!! of course justin and i love the one of her sucking her thumb! shes gonna need a blankie..