Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sleeping in Mommy's bed

So everyone knows the change we're going through at my house, right?

Daddy's gone.

A roommate and her son are in.

For the most part, the transition is going smoother than I ever thought it would.

While things aren't easy, we all seem - dare I say it? - happy.

Rye smiles, laughs, plays. We snuggle. He helps out around the house. He is just a good, nice, beautiful boy.

Until bedtime.

It's not like he gets ugly then ... he just gets needy.

And he has come up with a million reasons why he can't sleep in his bed.

More times than I am proud to admit lately, I've caved and let him sleep with me. Last night, he said, "I promise this will be the last time ever that I sleep in your bed."

Uh, yeah, right.

I've been doing blog entries just about every day on momaha.com. I wrote about this topic there, too, today and asked others to share their stories.

What are your experiences with this? Leave your comments here! And check out momaha.com here.

2 comments:

Jeannine said...

Isa finds her way into our bed at about 4 or 5 in the morning almost every morning. Our first thought was no lets not get this started, but then I thought this will not last forever and maybe we should just savor it instead. Cullen has since started to write a song titled " I woke up with a princess in my bed".

Veronica said...

I woke up with a princess in my bed.

How totally sweet.

Maybe I need to write a song for the little boy prince who keeps finding his way down the stairs and under my covers.