Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Sunday in September

Somehow, it's September already. Nearly mid-September.

Rye picked apples straight from the tree in Nebraska City on Friday. And we're doing a story about just that family activity at work.

I can't believe it's time to pick apples already.

Before I know it, we'll be able to go to pumpkin patches - my favorite fall activity. And it'll be my birthday. And that will mean I'm 30 years old.

And you can imagine how I feel about that.

Today, anyway, we went to a water festival, which really wasn't that spectacular. They billed it as having lots of children's activities, but really they didn't. Instead, it was booth after booth of people with literature to read about their group or pencils or rulers to give away. They did have canoe rides, but I couldn't really take a 4-month-old on a canoe.

It was nice to be out in nature anyway, though. And see the lake shining in the sun through the trees and walk with my kids through grass that scratched our ankles.

And smell the scent of sun-drenched skin when we finally got home.

Here's to the start of fall, my favorite season.

And here's us at the festival:



3 comments:

Jeannine said...

Yes, wonderful fall! I can't wait to go get apples and make home made crock pot applesauce and my second annual apple pie.:) It is stormy tonight and we had a beautiful rain just like all September 13th's should be.

Being 30 is a beautiful thing don't sweat it! Being 35 is a whole different story! Ahh!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. I didn't know fall was your favorite season. Summer is mine.

Chris said...

Let me know if you want to go to the pumpkin patch together. There's a good one near Bennington that is pretty inexpensive. I love Fall! :)